Eagles Ice Center is the home of the Grand Rapids Blades.
The Fall/Winter season typically runs from September 1 to mid April..
Games will typically be on the weekends.
Games will be scheduled by the team staff. The amount of games played will vary between age groups.
Teams practice 2 times per week.
The Grand Rapids Blades strives to be congruent with USA Hockey's American Development Model. With that in mind, our philosophy is that our players participate at their appropriate age level.
Parents may petition the Blades organization for special consideration in their child's team placement. Here are the steps needed for players to be considered to play out of their age level.
1. All petitions for travel and House teams are to be submitted via email to the Managing Director two weeks prior to fall tryouts (travel) or drafting of rosters (house).
2. Each request will be reviewed individually with the decision to grant or deny the petition solely at the discretion of the Leadership Group.
3. The Group’s decisions must and will be consistent with MAHA’s rules governing these requests.
These procedures apply to following age groups: Squirts, PeeWees, Bantams, and Midgets for both the house and travel levels.
2023-2024 Fall/Winter Season
Squirt, PeeWee and Bantam House Hockey
Program Information (included in fees):
- - 2 practices per week and game ice
- - 2 tournaments – Adray Playoffs and a tournament of choice
- - Additional on-ice skill and skating development sessions throughout season
- - Targeted goalie development
- - Off-ice training and conditioning
- - Full set of game jerseys and socks
- - Season begins the week of September 5th and run through the 2nd full week of March
2023/2024 Season Rates:
- PeeWee - $1775
- Squirt - $1485
*** Your player must be registered with a deposit to be rostered on a team. Teams are rostered on a first come, first serve basis. All players must register for their age-appropriate team. Exceptions can be petitioned to the Blades Leadership.***